If you thought the Kansas City Chiefs were done celebrating their Super Bowl LVII victory, guess again.
The team has been to the White House and had their Super Bowl LVII ring ceremony, but now they’re taking the show on the road to celebrate with their fans across the Midwest. On Wednesday, the club announced the “Chiefs Champions Tour.”
“We are thrilled to announce our Chiefs Champions Tour this summer,” Chiefs President Mark Donovan said, via press release. “With a global pandemic in 2020, we were not able to celebrate properly with Chiefs Kingdom after our Super Bowl LIV victory, so this tour has been something we have been looking forward to for the past couple of years. We are proud of the team here that helped put together this summer-long trip that invites the Kingdom to celebrate with us.”
The tour will hit four states with the Lombardi Trophy making stops in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa. Here is the current schedule of events:
- Saturday, June 24 – Omaha Baseball Village at The Old Mattress Factory, Omaha, Neb.
- Tuesday-Wednesday, June 27-28 – Missouri State House, Jefferson City, Mo.
- Saturday, July 1 – Scheels Grand Opening Celebration, Wichita, Kan.
- Sunday, July 16 – Helzberg Diamonds, Leawood, Kan.
- Monday, July 17 – Kansas State House, Topeka, Kan.
- Sunday, July 23 – Hy-Vee INDYCAR Race Weekend at Iowa Speedway, Newton, Iowa
- Saturday, July 29 – Back Together Weekend at Chiefs Training Camp, St. Joseph, Mo.
- Saturday, August 12 – Lenexa Farmers Market, Lenexa, Kan.
- Saturday, August 19 – Downtown Des Moines Farmers Market, Des Moines, Iowa
- Friday, September 1 – First Fridays with the Chiefs, Kansas City, Mo.
Fans will be able to get a glimpse of the Lombardi Trophy and each event could have unique attractions such as the “Kingdom Cruiser” bus, Chiefs Cheer, Chiefs Rumble, KC Wolf and more.
The team says that more dates will be added as they’re confirmed, so be on the lookout for updates over the next four months.