The NFC West is starting to get a little bit interesting. The standings tightened a little bit in Week 7 although the order stayed the same.
Only one team in the division picked up a win.
Entering Week 8, here are the NFC West standings:
- San Francisco 49ers, 5-2 (2-0 division)
- Seattle Seahawks, 4-2 (1-1 division)
- Los Angeles Rams, 3-4 (2-1 division)
- Arizona Cardinals, 1-6 (0-3 division)
Let’s have a look at what happened in Week 7 and what is coming up in Week 8.
Deebo Samuel was out and Brock Purdy struggled, throwing two interceptions against the Minnesota Vikings in a 22-17 Monday night loss. The defense had no answer for rookie Vikings receiver Jordan Addison, who caught seven passes for 123 yards and two touchdowns.
The loss was their second straight.
Geno Smith had two touchdowns, Kenneth Walker rushed for 105 yards and the defense held the Arizona Cardinals to 249 total yards in a 20-10 home win. They pulled within a half game of the Niners.
The Rams lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers 24-17 at home on Sunday. Puka Nacua had a huge game, catching eight passes for 154 yards. But the defense gave up two Steelers rushing touchdowns after they had a 17-10 lead.
The Cardinals’ offense was again anemic, gaining only 249 yards against the Seahawks, and they were held scoreless in the second half for the second consecutive game. It was their fourth consecutive loss.
- The Rams will be on the road to face the 4-2 Dallas Cowboys.
- The Seahawks host the 4-2 Cleveland Browns.
- The 49ers host the 3-3 Cincinnati Bengals who have won their last two games, both against NFC West teams.
- The Cardinals will be at home to face Lamar Jackson and the 5-2 Baltimore Ravens